Kenneth C.M. Sills, chairman, Medical School Committee Report, 1921. Committee Reports: Board of Trustees Votes and Records, Bowdoin College Archives.
In February 1921, Hugh J. Chisolm, who funded the Edward Mason Dispensary in Portland, suggested the purchase of property to rehouse the school in Portland. This proposal was initially accepted, then upon reconvening after the State legislature had met and made no provisions or motions on a bill to fund the school, in May it was decided to close the school that July.