Bowdoin ROTC, 1960
A voluntary curriculum of Military Science Tactics in the Reserve Officers’ Training Corp was established at Bowdoin in the Spring of 1950. Successful completion of the four-year program will enable eligible students to receive commissions as Second Lieutenants in the US Army Reserve, at graduation. Here, Arnold G. Whittelsey '60 is taking an oath among other ROTC students. The ROTC program ended at Bowdoin in the late 1960s.