Check out the media coverage of Bowdoin’s copy of Audubon’s double-elephant folio Birds of America and Special Collections & Archives’ monthly page-turning events:
- Don Reimer, “A Page Turner” in The Free Press, March 17, 2020.
- Jeff and Allison Wells, “Turning the Audubon Page at Bowdoin College” in The Boothbay Register, December 11, 2019.
- “Page-Turner: Wildlife Author Writes of Her Audubon Experiences” in Bowdoin News, May 8, 2019.
- Susan Hand Shetterly, “A Gift of Birds” in DownEast Magazine, May 2019.
- “The Reveal of the Flicker” in Bowdoin News, January 18, 2019.
- “UNE ornithologist Noah Perlut gives talk at Bowdoin’s ‘Birds of America’ page-turning event” in University of New England News, March 6, 2018.
- Peter B. Logan, “Audubon’s Bowdoin Connection” in Bowdoin Magazine 89, No. 1, Fall 2017: 10-15.
- “Biographer Peter Logan ’75 Discusses Audubon, ‘The Greatest Naturalist’” in Bowdoin News, March 6, 2017.
- Alyce McFadden, “Large-format bird illustrations take flight in Hawthorne-Longfellow” in The Bowdoin Orient 146, no. 11, December 2, 2016.
- Doug Cook, “A Real Page Turner: Flipping Out Over Audubon’s ‘Birds of America'” in Bowdoin News, April 18, 2016.
Explore additional resources on Audubon, Birds of America, and birding in Maine:
- Check out Bowdoin College Library’s holdings related to John James Audubon.
- Maine Audubon is the state’s oldest and largest wildlife conservation organization.
- Schoodic Institute is Acadia National Park’s primary partner in science and education.
- Annual Acadia Birding Festival.
- Maine Birding Field Notes includes trip reports, essays, rare bird reports adn more from Derek Lovitch’s and Freeeport Wild Bird Supply’s birding in Maine and beyond.
- Bird Dad Podcast is written, produced, and created by birder Ian Carlsen.
- The Audubon Mural Project is a collaboration between the National Audubon Society and Gitler &_____ Gallery to create murals of climate-threatened birds throughout John James Audubon’s old Harlem‐based neighborhood in New York City.